Sunday, December 21, 2008

Catching up

I've been thinking of a lot of things the kids do and say that I want to put up on the blog, or write down anywhere really. But now that the time has come, I've forgotten most things.
I do love that Liam says, "Fanks" (thanks) now. Its so sweet. He always remembers to tell me "fanks" and it catches me off guard sometimes. He also said a pretty decent prayer tonight at dinner.
Julia catches me off guard occasionally when she says, "Mommy!" and I say, "what?" usually a little concerned about what it might be that she is about to tell me because sometimes it sounds a little frantic, or just out of the blue. Then she softens and says, "I love you." Its wonderful.
Julia lately has been announcing her feelings rather frequently. She'll say, "You're making me angry!", or "You're making me sad!" Sometimes it breaks my heart when I tell her not to jump on the couch or something simple and she replies, "you're making me sad." I don't know how to react to that.
She still has a habit of just repeating my name over and over and over. Its a little annoying. I'll answer her, but she just keeps saying it. Today Mark was teasing her and kept saying her name. I chimed in and she was going back and forth between us as we kept saying, "Julia", "Julia", "Julia"... finally she said, "You're making me CRAZY!" and fell down laughing.
Julia wakes up most days and says, "It's Christmas! Wake up!" or, "Its my birthday!" I think she gets the present concept of the season.
We went to temple square last night to look at the lights. Neither of our kids seemed duly impressed. Liam was more interested in the water fountains and would say, "another one" when he'd see more. Julia was too cold and insisted on being carried. She kept her face buried against my neck most of the time. When we got back to the car she said, "I'm ready now for hot chocolate and movie."
Poor Liam likes the snow, but doesn't understand that its the cold of the snow that makes his hands hurt. He doesn't like his mittens or gloves and keeps taking them off. Then after 10 or 15 seconds begins to bawl because his hands hurt. So I somehow get his gloves back on, he calms down for a minute, then promptly takes the mittens off again and cries some more. Poor kid takes after his mom. Julia on the other hand has Wainwright blood. While Liam bawls with his hands in the air Julia shakes hers, says, "brr, my hands are cold" then runs back in to the snow.
Well, that turned out to be a lot for one post. A Merry Christmas post may be coming soon. Tune in next time...

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I was starting to wonder if you were ever going to update...