Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Persuasion


Last night I was rocking Liam before bed and Julia wanted to be rocked too. She climbed on my lap which made Liam quite angry. He didn't want to share and tried pushing her and kicking her off. I told him, "don't kick Julia. You love her." he said, "I don't love Jia." I said, "yes you do love Julia. She is your sister and you love her." he said, "I don't love Jia." We went back and forth like this a few times. Each time he said he didn't love Julia I insisted that he did. At one point I thought it was silly for me to keep telling him that he does love her, but for some reason I did. Finally his grumpy face (oh its a classic and pretty regular around here these days, I have to find a picture) softened and he said, "I love Jia." He wrapped his arms around her neck and gave her a kiss. It was so sweet and so beautiful to watch. Then Julia said, "Liam, sometimes you kick me and you have to say sorry." Liam said, "I'm sorry, Jia." and he hugged her again. then Julia said, "Do you forgive me, Liam?" (She doesn't quite get that) Liam didn't understand so I said, "Liam told you that he is sorry and that he loves you so I think that means he forgives you." Then Julia gave Liam a big hug and a kiss and said, "I love you, Liam." and Liam told her, "I love you, Jia." and I said I love you both. and Liam said, "I love mommy and Jia both." We had quite a love fest full of hugging and kissing. It was so great. A wonderful way to end an awful day. They totally redeemed themselves.

2 comments:

Mama Janet said...

What cute little kids Emily. I'm sorry Julia had an allergic reaction to her antibiotics. Hope to see you Easter weekend

bcwain said...

I love Jia and Liam's mommy!