Sunday, April 11, 2010

children's thoughts on resurrection

Today was a special day. Liam actually listened to his nursery lesson. I know this because he told me about it! After nursery he asked me if I wanted to see his picture. I said that I did and asked him to tell me about it. He said something like this, "this is Jesus. They put him in the tomb and the people rolled the stone away and he wasn't there! He came back to life!" I couldn't believe how well he remembered it. So awesome. He's growing up so fast and he's so smart. I used to ask him what he learned about in nursery and for about a year he answered the same thing, "um, dinosaurs."

My dearest Julia learned a little bit about the resurrection today too. I know this because she "read" a book to me about a mommy bunny who had a baby bunny. The baby bunny died, but came back to life because Jesus died for all of us. I'm glad my kids are paying attention in their primary classes. I'm worried for the time when someone dies but doesn't come back to life right away. Hopefully the kids will be older and we'll be able to explain the details a little bit better.

1 comment:

DT Stevens said...

How neat that they've learned this.