Friday, June 11, 2010

Visited my parents last weekend and Liam had a great time with Grandpa, who spoiled him. He got to drive a tractor! This week Liam climbed into the front seat of the car and told me he wanted to drive. I told him he couldn't, he told me, "Grandpa lets me!"

Grandpa gave Liam a headlamp, heaven for a little boy who is obssessed with flashlights. Liam came hopping into the kitchen and said, "I'm a frog with a light on his head. I'm the most amazing frog you've ever seen!"

Liam stretched one morning when waking up and said, "My leg is really long!" I told him it must have grown in the night. The rest of the day he was quite excited about how big he is growing.
Liam showed me his muscles after drinking a cup of lemonade. "Nemonade makes me strong. See my big muscles on my arms!" (with arms basically straight up in the air, elbows pointed toward me) "See my big muscles on my elbows!"


I spoke with my sister-in-law, Crystal, about the affect parents' sarcasm has on their children. Later that day Julia drew a picture that illustrated the problem. First you have to know that earlier in the week my sister, Keira, and I had been trying to figure out how to make money. We joked about selling my kids - for only half a second, and then I assured Julia that I wanted to keep all of them and I would never sell them. It was a bad joke. So anyway, last night Julia drew a picture of me carrying a box with a little smiley face inside it. My face is sad. The face in the box is Liam, he's in the box cuz I'm selling him. Heart breaking moment for me.

2 comments:

ls said...

holy cow, i am dying-- your kids are so funny and so smart! that last story about julia's picture is priceless. here's hoping you won't be selling liam any time soon :).

Unknown said...

hahaha elbow muscles are the best! plus, you'll probably fetch a better price for liam @ the market :( lol