Monday, August 4, 2008

My cute kids.

I've been looking for my journal and just can't find it. so I need to write down this stuff somewhere.

Liam
Soooo smart, just like Julia was at this age. He learns new things so quickly and his vocab is growing. New words:
Cow, Moo (which sounds more like "mmmm") duck's say "duck duck"
He still loves books and is always bringing them to me saying, "buh, buh"
He says, "Bye" when he plays on the phone
up, cheese, touch (he used to always say "don't touch", now he says "touch" probably because he understands now that don't is the same as "no" A word he doesn't regard.)
Mine, and My turn (he signs my turn too)
oh and he sings the end of the "ring around the rosies" song. "Ashies ashies uh uh down!"
He has a great imagination. I found him singing his version of ring around the rosies while playing with a monkey and he was making his monkey do the actions. It was awesome.
He also likes to imagine with food. He is always pretending to eat the play food.
He says "dat" when he wants "that" and points to it for you. If "dat" is in the other room, he'll point and grab your hand to take you with him so he can show you.
He loves to smell plants and flowers. He picked a weed and brought it to me and I just looked at it and said, oh nice, so he smelled it then pushed it back in front of my face so iknew he wanted me to smell it. When he smells things he sucks in his top lip and says, "mmm." I love it, its super cute.
He likes to make horsie noises.
He has learned the sign for fish. He now signs: *milk, *water, hungry, thirsty, *cheese, *grapes, *apple, *done, fish, *bird, *duck, horse, *hat, (horse and hat look the same, also cow), *cow, *dog,
I think that might be it. The * marks the words he also says.
He also says, "cat" oh, and "belly-button"
In church he grabbed my ear and started wiggling it and saying, "ear" and then played with my hair and said, "hair." they both sound a lot the same.
that's all I can think of for now.

Julia
She's in a stage where she likes to pretend to be a baby, or she'll say she's Liam. She likes to crawl, and grunt and whine when she wants something. She likes to be rocked and cuddled, but not usually sung to. She gets upset now when we try to sing songs like "the itsy bitsy spider, or I'm a little tea-pot" things she used to love. She still loves "twinkle-twinkle, little star"

Yesterday in church I asked her if she knew what a testimony was. She said, "yes." I was surprised she said yes, so I asked her, what is it? And she said, "I am a child of God." that's an excellent little testimony.

2 comments:

CGhica said...

Emily, I loved reading about them. I love the detail you put in, you can get a sense of their little personalities. That is the kind of journal entry my mom sent me about when we were young that healed me when I was lonely.

bcwain said...

I want to spend the afternoon with your kids! I hope Julia always has that testimony. Tell Liam his Grandma Christine loves hearing about him.