Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Julia's first hair cut

I have avoided cutting Julia's hair for 4 years! I never wanted to cut off her cute little baby curl. All I ever did was trim her bangs and finally recently gave a little trim to the back. Then, on a day of neglectful mothering, Julia took the scissors to her own hair. I was devastated! I loved her beautiful long princess hair. I thought it was awful. However, once I took her to a "professional" (we had a talk about who is allowed to cut hair), I started to have hope again. It wasn't that bad. They were able to layer it so it didn't have to be cut too short. Her bangs are about as short as they get, but they'll grow fast I'm sure. She's still our beautiful Julia - when its curled. I think she looks a little Mia Farrow-ish when I leave it straight.
She LOVED getting her hair cut. We just went to Fantastic Sam's, but the girl was super nice and she and Julia chatted the whole time. She told the hair stylist that she didn't want it cut short like a boys - just short like her mom's. After that, Julia had a huge smile the whole time her hair was being cut. It was too darling.

2 comments:

bcwain said...

She looks so different! But that's the same great smile. Tell her grandma thinks she's beautiful

DT Stevens said...

How did I not have your blog on mine?