Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Children's prayers.

Don't you just love children's prayers? I love that Julia loves to pray and she always says better more thoughtful prayers than I do. Recently a friend came to visit and I was telling her about how I think I must have had a panic attack while delivering Liam because the pain was so bad. That night Julia asked Heavenly Father to bless mommy to have the baby and not panic. Isn't she the sweetest and most thoughtful? I didn't even realize she was listening to that conversation.

For a while Liam didn't like to pray. He used to pray, but they got shorter and shorter and then he refused to do it at all. Lately we've been trying to help him more, so it was exciting last night when he said he would do it himself and he did a really good job. A few nights ago at dinner Mark was helping Liam and telling him what to say. Mark told him to say, "thank you for the food." Liam stopped, looked up and said, "but Heavenly Father didn't make the food." We had a quick little teaching moment within the prayer intermission then continued. I love that kid.

2 comments:

The Foys said...

What cute little stories Emily! I can't wait for you to have your next little baby. Any names yet?!

Janna said...

So sweet. I agree, prayers are best when they come from little mouths.