A couple days ago I got in a fight with Liam about getting into the car so we could go somewhere. (Most of my fights with the kids are centered around getting ready to go places or just getting buckled inthe car). He told me I'm a stupid mom, and I agreed with him. Then he told me, "you used to be an awesome mom. You used to say 'yes' more." he's right. I do say 'no" too often. Sad realization. But what's a mom to do when i've got 3 kids, a house, and limited means. I'm busy just trying to keep it all together. Wish i could say 'yes' more.
Last night putting Liam to bed he said, "Mom, could you be nice once again." Ugh, I just want to cry because I have turned into such a monster of a person. I didn't know I'd turn out this way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Emily! I just love you :0) You are not a mean Mom for saying no! Sometimes there just isnt enough time during the day to do all the things we want/need to do. But that's ok! I know you and you are one awesome Mama! And your kids know it too!
I hope you don't think this is how you'll always be...being a mom IS humbling, but at the same time so is being a kid. just use your strength to teach your children...you are an awesome woman!
Dear sweet Emily, it seems like you'll be learning a lot from Liam. We'll all be tutored by his patient kind little council. Mom already told me he said "I'd rather get a real hug, and "Okay, I'll stay, I've always wanted a TV in my room" Oh, Emily...my heart goes out to you. We love you and the family so much.
Post a Comment