Monday, October 17, 2011
Worship
I went in to check on Liam before going to church. He really didn't want me to go, so of course I stayed. I picked up my little boy and my baby girl and we snuggled up on the couch. We sat quietly for a long while, just holding each other, and I thought, "this is my church." My son has leukemia and that is our church. It has brought us closer to our Savior. It has brought us closer to our Heavenly Father. We have felt their love continuously around us. Our faith in Him and in His Eternal plan has been strengthened beyond understanding. We have been blessed by loving service, true charity, and prayers on our behalf that I believe are miraculous. Throughout this whole time all I can feel is overwhelmingly thankful for my blessed life. Gratitude fills my heart and has left little room for fear or sadness. Yes, sometimes I am very sad. Sometimes my heart aches for each of my little ones and the pains they are all experiencing. It is excruciating. It seems unfair. But it is ours and I am happy for our life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Emily your faith and your families example brings me love and hope in the savior and in our heavenly father! Thank you! We love you guys and are praying for you
Prayers and love for you. Thanks for your insights and goodness.
Post a Comment