Monday, April 7, 2008

100 things about me you may or may not find interesting


1. My dream job is to be a librarian.
2. I love ice cream.
3. I notice people with good eyebrows because I don't like mine.
4. I am obssessive about checking on my children when they are asleep. I'm afraid they might stop breathing and i wouldn't know. That's one reason I sleep with my babies, so I can hear or feel them breathing.
5. My other dream job is a cultural anthropologist.
6. I've tried learning Spanish and Portuguese, but I am far from fluent.
7. I would also love to learn Hebrew and Greek - to better understand the Bible.
8. I toy with the idea of starting a card-making/scrapbooking business.
9. I only have about 3 pages of Julia's scrapbook done.
10. My favorite adventure was working in Alaska. I'm proud of myself for going there.
11. I'm usually the boring one in my family.
12. I went on a bear hunt. It was thrilling - though we never found the bear.
13. I am afraid of the dark - more specifically of ghosts in the dark.
14. I love "reality" t.v. shows.
15. I love musicals, especially Hairspray, Evita, Moulin Rouge, and Newsies. Julia takes after me in that.
16. I like singing silly songs or making up songs as i work. I take after my mom in that.
17. I absolutely adore my husband's laugh.
18. I absolutely adore my children's laughs too.
19. I went to 5 1/2 years of college but never graduated because I couldn't decide what I wanted to do.
20. I'd love to go back to school, I miss it a lot. But I still don't know what I want to do!
21. I like math, I enjoy science, I'm worn out on English.
22. I'm the only one of my 5 siblings that is married and that bugs me.
23. I used to stay up all night reading Nancy Drew books when I was a kid. I still love mysteries because I never figure them out.
24. I'm not as smart as I used to be. I blame my children for that.
25. I like watching movies twice, but 3 times is too much. (except for Tommy Boy or above-mentioned musicals.)
26. I love popcorn.
27. I love having my hair combed by someone else.
28. I love my mom. She is a great friend.
29. I'm a terrible housekeeper.
30. I don't mind washing dishes by hand, sometimes I like it.
31. If I'm not in pajamas I think I'm "dressed up.”
32. I'm kind of lazy.
33. I'm either way thrifty, or too spendy - not very good at moderation and balance.
34. I pay the bills in our house.
35. People always vote me “Most organized” but I am the exact opposite of organized.
36. When picking out glasses, I chose the pair that Mark said made me look like a librarian. I took it as a compliment. =)
37. I love to be praised!
38. I am quite pleased with myself at the moment for the good job I did teaching my lesson on Sunday!
39. I am extremely terrified of public speaking. It makes me physically ill.
40. I sell lia Sophia jewelry, but like to give discounts, so I don’t make much money.
41. I am a terrible salesperson.
42. I’m really passive.
43. I used to be super stubborn.
44. I’m really easy-going now.
45. I let my kids make big messes.
46. I like watching t.v.
47. I hate long movies.
48. Popcorn makes movies better.
49. My husband knows me almost better than I do (but he’s also biased)
50. So far this list has taken me about 2 weeks.
51. I have a huge extended family and I love it.
52. I probably take too much advantage of my sister living downstairs.
53. I’ve always wanted to live abroad for a few years.
54. I like making “dream plans.”
55. I saw my dream home in St George and have decided to be rich.
56. I actually think our house right now is just right.
57. I love cuddling my kids.
58. I don’t love being climbed on all day.
59. I love to sleep.
60. I love my bed.
61. I really want to go back-packing through Europe. (without kids)
62. I’ve never gone on a cruise, but I wanna, it sounds like the perfect no stress vacation.
63. I hate to be cold.
64. Cold weather turns camping from fun to miserable pretty quick.
65. I won a coloring contest when I was young.
66. I want to take classes in pilates, yoga, and ballet.
67. I always get suckered by sales-people.
68. I can’t justify buying things for myself, but I love shopping for my kids.
69. Most of my clothes are hand-me-downs. (Thank you, Keira.)
70. The last things I bought for myself were glasses – they were a necessity.
71. I love the primary colors individually.
72. I’m not consistent in my favorites.
73. I don’t usually listen to music outside of the car.
74. I usually only shower 3 times a week.
75. I don’t sweat much.
76. I have really dry skin.
77. I’m not as imaginative as I should be.
78. Sometimes I wish I could do highschool over again.
79. My best friend growing up was Crystal K. Clark.
80. My kids turned out cuter than I thought they would!
81. I kind of made Mark pick our children’s names.
82. I hate making decisions.
83. I like getting flowers, even though I also think it’s a wasteful way of spending money, and sad to kill flowers.
84. I’m a back-seat driver.
85. I’m not a good driver.
86. I blame it on poor night vision, but that leaves me without an excuse during the day.
87. I spun Mark’s jeep wrangler on the icy freeway once. I was terrified.
88. I was in 4 car wrecks (fender benders and I wasn’t the one driving) in my first 2 years living in Utah. Never been in one before moving here.
89. I like to play games like Ultimate Frisbee and Capture the flag.
90. I paint my toenails once a year.
91. I was salutatorian in my class of 15.
92. I always cry when I have to speak in front of people. I think it makes me look stupid.
93. I’m a slow shopper.
94. I’m very proud of my children.
95. I love my mom a whole lot more now that I am a mom.
96. I hate astronomy.
97. I still plan the details of my wedding.
98. I want to try rock climbing some day.
99. I’m not a finisher.
100.

4 comments:

Tiffany J said...

Hey for living so far apart and not getting to see each other as often, I was pretty good. I knew alot of things you listed! Yeah! Thanks for doing that. I copied Lisa and did it too because after about #30 I was getting stumped but somehow found myself thinking of things I should have listed after the fact...dork? probably ha ha Say hi to the fam!

Teacher Mama said...

I'm so proud of you for doing this! I loved reading more about you! You should definitely take up cruising. We find great deals! Check out vacationstogo.com.

bcwain said...

That was fun to read! you should have added that you 'lilt' when you walk! Maybe that's because of all the music in you. I love you!

Unknown said...

Gee, i think you may like popcorn! lol. I can't believe how big Liam is!!!