Friday, July 18, 2008

Mischief not over...

So, Julia is potty training. Along with that comes handwashing, which I would love for her to be able to do on her own. She is finally just barely tall enough to stand on a stool in the bathroom and turn on the water herself.
After finding her under the table with blue marker all over her hands I told her to go wash her hands. I don't like Liam in the bathroom so I shut the door. I knew it was a bad idea when I did it but figured I'd chance leaving Julia alone in the bathroom compared to having Liam in there with her.
Now, here comes my mistake. I forgot about her! And with the door shut I couldn't hear the water running. Julia, who loves to play in water certainly didn't think anything was wrong when our slow draining sink filled up and began to overflow. By the time I remembered she was in there "washing her hands" the floor was flooded. There was even water in the drawers below the sink vanity (which held my blow-dryer and curling irons - hopefully I will not be electrocuted when I plug them in to see if they still work).
Oh, my wonderful beautiful children.

4 comments:

GregR said...

It's another memory you can use to make them feel guilty in twenty years when they're raising their kids and feel overwhelmed. It works! Hang in there...
J

bcwain said...

It takes a good mommy to find the good moment in spilled milk!

Janna said...

wow. you sound like a way better mom than me.

Teacher Mama said...

I love that story. It is good you are recording them. Julia will laugh out loud when she reads them one day.