Some days (well, few days) are pretty good. Kids get along mostly and we all have fun. Other days (like today) are just one disaster after another.
Its only 9:45 in the morning, so I'm sure I'm writing this blog too soon, but you never know what will come up and when you'll get a chance to write it down.
First of all, breakfast all over the floor. that's an everyday occurence with Liam, so really no biggy.
Then bathtime. But mommy first. While I was in the shower, Julia pooped in the corner behind the couch. it was a little smeared on the wall, but mostly easy to clean up.
Bath time. Lots of bubbles, not too much fighting, but water all over the floor. Eh, this is also an every day occurence, not too much trouble.
Then scissors, luckily they weren't sharp and no damage (at least none that I've noticed yet.)
Liam did a few flips (he likes to climb on things and usually fall off.) A few bumps on the noggin, nothing serious.
"uh, oh! It broke!" page ripped out of a book.
"Mommy, I got eggs!" I run to the living room and find Julia holding up one goopy egg. She is standing in that same corner behind the couch (hmm, time to move the couch?). I find Liam behind the rocking chair with an empty egg carton. Egg shells are everywhere (from previously used eggs that I put the shell back in carton - won't do that anymore) and luckily only two eggs broken and smeared all over the carpet. Also all over the kids. Yuck. Egg does not come out of carpet easily.
I go to the bathroom to find an entire roll of toilet paper soaking up all the water in the toilet. Its not even unrolled. A brand new roll of toilet paper is just sitting soggy in a dry toilet. Lucky. I'm glad it was a whole role, cuz it can't get flushed.
Finally I give each of the kids a bowl of goldfish crackers and put them in front of the t.v.
Aaaah. Naptime for Liam in half an hour. Time to breathe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OH EMILY!!! I HAD ONE OF THOSE DAYS TODAY. I DIDN'T KNOW WHETHER TO LAUGH OR CRY, THANK FOR GIVING ME A REASON TO DO BOTH--AND NOT FEEL SO ALONE!!!
haha...sounds like my life! Except when my kids played with eggs they broke almost an entire carton of eggs all over their room...it was everywhere...all over the beds, toys, and carpet!
Sorry you have to go through this too!
They seem so sweet in public, I'm glad to be an aunt it's better than being a grandma. I can enjoy the whole thing from the front row and not even have to help change a diaper. Julia's one of my favorite characters. Keep her happy, one day she'll take care of you.
I'm impressed with 'no biggy' abilities. Your blog is proof that my opinion of you as a good mommy is well founded even though that is not your intent. You may think your confessing here and all I see is the woman I'm glad is my grandchildren's mother!
Post a Comment